ShorTS Development & Pitching Training 2022
ShorTS Development & Pitching Training for short film projects
Following the success of last year’s workshop and taking inspiration from the new artistic orientation for the years to come, ShorTS International Film Festival has decided to expand the format offering a more accurate focus on development and pitching for short film projects.
The workshop is dedicated to directors and scriptwriters with a project in an early stage of development – initial idea, synopsis, short treatment – for a short film of any kind (animation, documentary, experimental and fiction) from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Lebanon, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey.
The main goal of the workshop is to boost the creativity of the participants improving originality and the thematic strength of the story, always keeping in mind the feasibility in terms of production and the potential of the story for the festivals circuit. Moreover, 5 selected participants will be trained in creating an effective and persuasive pitch for their projects and they will have the opportunity to test it in front of selected representatives of national and international production companies.
The ShorTS Development & Pitching Training will be divided into two parts:
- The first one, online, in May 2022, will focus on development and it will include collective and individual meetings to prepare the participants to write down an upgraded version of their stories. For this part of the workshop 10 participants/projects of the Countries included in the list will be selected.
- The second part will be held in Trieste, Italy, in person, in July 2022 and will be focused in how to pitch the project. For this second part only 5 participants/projects out of 10 will be selected.
All the sessions will be run by the tutor MASSIMILIANO NARDULLI (LESS IS MORE & WORD-FRAME).
Classes will be held in English and this is the proposed schedule (TBC).
- MAY 3rd & 4th – Collective session + individual meetings (ONLINE)
- MAY 24th & 25th – Collective session + individual meetings (ONLINE)
- MAY 27th – Selection of the 5 projects for the second part of the workshop
- JULY 1st & 2nd – Pitching training (IN PERSON)
- JULY 3rd – Pitching showcase (IN PERSON & ONLINE)
The partnership with Centro Nazionale del Corto and Torino Short Film Market, will also guarantee the selection of one of the projects of the workshop to take part in the pitching session of the 7th Torino Short Film Market.
To apply for the workshop, you need to register online through the form available below accepting all the conditions and rules.
The application is free of charge. A fee of 50 euros is required to attend the first part of the workshop. An additional fee of 50 euros is required to attend the second part of the workshop (only for the 5 selected projects).
The deadline for submitting the application is APRIL 10th. The 10 selected projects will be published on APRIL 15th.
REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED. THANK YOU!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!