ShorTS Development & Pitching Training
- The workshop is dedicated to directors and scriptwriters with a project in an early stage of development – initial idea, synopsis, short treatment – for a short film of any genre (animation, documentary, experimental and fiction) from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Lebanon, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey.
- The main goal of the workshop is to boost the creativity of the participants improving originality and the thematic strength of the story, always keeping in mind the feasibility in terms of production and the potential of the story for the festivals circuit. The participants will be trained in creating an effective and persuasive pitch for their projects and they will have the opportunity to test it in front of selected representatives of national and international production companies.
- All sessions will be run by the tutor MASSIMILIANO NARDULLI (LESS IS MORE & WORD-FRAME) and will be held entirely in English, therefore a proper command of the language is required.
- The workshop will be held online during April and May 2024 and will include collective and individual meetings to prepare the participants to write down an upgraded version of their stories, to be efficiently pitched to producers. 8/10 participants/projects from the countries included in the list will be selected.
- The producers will choose the best project and the author will be invited to participate in the 25th ShorTS IFF to be held in Trieste from 29 June to 6 July 2024.
- Applications are free of charge. Participation in the workshop requires the paymento of a fee of 80 Euros.
- The deadline for applications is 10 MARCH 2024. The 8/10 selected projects will be announced by mid-March 2024.
- Apply online via the form below, by accepting all parts of these regulations.